Product May 2019
- We are a two sided marketplace – Consumers on one side (Parkers) and Operators (Owners/management of Parking facilities) on the other
- We were not Product led as a company
- Product Design was its own team
- We were something between trying to really scale whilst still being a Feature Factory.
- Most projects that were cross Tribe and Squad took much longer than predicted.
- Product did Roadmap estimations without Engineering involvement
Product May 2020
My Approaches/Perspectives – Be Strong partners with Product. Be OK with real MVP. Iterate and evolve. Know what you are talking about before estimating.
- We found a VP of Product and supported them in building out their team
- Created regular meetings with Engineering and Product for collaboration between Leadership and team
- Educated internally when Product role is not understood and created space to let them do their job
- Planned the 2020 budget plan with Product
- Grew to have better shared understanding in stories, with clear acceptance criteria. Established better Agile practices
- Upgrading Product technical knowledge
- Built out multiple new products, which are being piloted with Operators (one is an iOT project and the other is a collection of Data Products)
Pages: 1 2