The talkers can be interesting but like PechaKucha the quality varies. What does not vary is the quality of people the audience. I love meeting them 🙂 I was talking to one of the team for TEDx Victoria and I pushed that they should consider activities and ways to make it easier for audience to get to know each other rather than rely on everyone being an extrovert and serendipity. Taking effort here will also form a stronger community.
You should apply, yes you, there is one in most energetic areas. If not create one!
The questions are not tough:
- If a friend were to describe your accomplishments in three sentences or less, what would they say?
- What are you passionate about? (Work, creative outlets, issues, communities, etc.)
- List at least one website that will help us understand you better. (This can include personal blogs, photos or sites you just generally love to check out).
- What do you hope to get out of this TEDx event?
If a friend were to describe your accomplishments in three sentences or less, what would they say? *
- Survived 12 schools and a bunch of foster homes before reaching college
- Elected as a politician and then elected by his peers onto the cornwall county council cabinet, (Cornwall, UK.)
- A connector of ideas, patterns, trends, knowledge and people e.g. he is constantly connecting people who need to meet each other, being best man five times, he has over 3,500 books..
What are you passionate about? (work, creative output, issues, communities, etc.) *
- Helping people grow
- Understanding people
- Learning and meritocracy
- Creation and creativity
- Social Justice
- Mountains, Sea and Trees
List at least one website that will help us understand you better. (This can include personal blogs, photos or sites you just generally love to check out). *
LinkedIN – http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericbrooke
My startup – www.professionalyou.com
Video (careful I swear) http://www.professionalyou.com/video.html
My thoughts – https://ericbrooke.wordpress.com/
My book collection – http://homepage.mac.com/ericbrooke/deliciouslibrary/
Twitter – @ericbrooke
What do you hope to get out of this TEDx event? *
Learning and meeting exciting people in the audience. Sharing what I learn with my friends, colleagues and random people I meet in life.
I am interested in this year’s theme as we (Professional You) are exploring the frontier of careers, talent management, recruitment and leadership. And we aim to have a revolution..